Tips to Avoid Car Sickness
Road trips can be fun, but many people tend to get nauseous when riding in the car for an extended period of time. If you have a road trip coming up, don’t worry, because we have listed below some tips to avoid car sickness:
- Watch your food and drink consumption – If you drink excessive alcohol and foods or liquids, they can worsen motion sickness or even cause it.
- Sit in the front seat – Make sure you call “shotgun” because often, motion sickness is caused by a mismatch between what your eyes are seeing and how your body is interpreting the motion of the vehicle.
- Avoid reading – Reading, though it’s a good time-consumer during a road trip, can make you more nauseous.
- Crack the car window – Fresh air helps alleviate car sickness and reduce any food odors in the car.
- Stabilize your head – Try to lean your head against the headrest to keep it still, or use a neck pillow.
- Medication and wrist bands – If your motion sickness is uncontrollable, you can get a prescription from your doctor or get a motion sickness wrist band, which puts pressure on a specific spot on your wrist to prevent nausea.